Saturday, February 25, 2012

The little things

This weekend is a project weekend for me. I am attempting to get through my massive pile of vintage items in need of mending as well as get a head start on a ball gown for an SDI ball coming the end of march.

I was in the process of mending the waist seam and reattaching some hook and eyes on this original teens picnic dress when I came across the cutest little detail.  



All the hook and eyes except for one eye are modern silver replacements. But when I removed the original eye to re attach it with stronger thread I discovered that the ends are heart shaped! 



I just can't get over how great a little detail it is :) I love the attention to detail and the little bits of art and elegance that was so much a part of previous eras of fashion.
I guess my mantra is quick becoming "god is in the details" :) 

Caitlin Amiton

No comments:

Post a Comment