Monday, April 8, 2013

Stripe Dress - an update

So the overdress was completed this weekend!

I did finally decide to make the bodice and overskirt as one like an 18th century polonaise. There was no specific reason why, I was building the two pieces kinda simultaneously and then just like that one was sewn to the other :) I had to show it with the punk waist band because otherwise it just looked so awkward. 

The whole thing still needs to be trimmed but that's all relatively easy.

Oh and if you noticed the skirts look different here than previous photos that's because I am trying out different combinations of undergarments to get the best looks. In the previous photos I thought it looked to big and this is too narrow, perhaps I will get lucky and the next attempt with be just right, a la Goldilocks style ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment