Wednesday, May 22, 2013

An Update



. . . As you can see I am having a hard time keeping up with the blogging the last few weeks. And that is also translating into my sewing, I haven't done any major sewing since I finished the curtain dress! This is mainly due to three factors: the first being I am taking a class in the evenings for work that is totally eating into my sewing time, two we have been out of town the last few weekends and three I really didn't like/ wasn't inspired by the last Historical Sew Fortnightly challenge. So needless to say I am not doing anything for it, and while I'm fine with that decision it does make me a little sad because this will be the first challenge I will not complete since the whole thing started in January :( okay so sad too bad and now moving on . . .

There are big projects coming up soon, for future events, that are about to get underway. such as a new 18th century outfit for Michael and one for me, some Elizabethan and an outfit or three for costume college. more specific details in the coming days, and I am starting work on the next challenge.Which I will be making an apron and fichu to wear with the curtain dress, like on the original below.

No comments:

Post a Comment