Monday, June 4, 2012

Completed Stays

The stays are done!! :)

I have to admit that as I got closer and closer to finishing them I became very lazy and as the lace over the seams was just decorative, it got nixed ;) too much work for something no one will really see. That and I would like to make a very nice pair at some point in the future using a much more accurate pattern. So for now I have complete and perfectly serviceable 18th century stays :)

I'm really actually quite happy with them, the pattern was easy to assemble and they fit well. In fact this is the first corset I haven't needed to shorten (as I am ridiculously short waisted) it hit my natural waist perfectly with out any modifications. 

No comments:

Post a Comment