Challenge #15: "is our first colour challenge* for the year, and I'm easing you into it slowly, picking a colour that has lots of options for really easy makes, and has appeared in every possible period."
I made a simple Elizabethan Coif, out of the same fabric as my partlet and sleeves to cover up my hair and go under my velvet flat cap like in this portrait.
Fabric: I made this coif out of the cream colored embroidered silk chiffon that i used as my inner sleeve for the remodel of the Elizabethan dress and lined it with white cotton lawn. All of which came from the stash.
Pattern: I used a few different blog tutorials as my references for this but then when it came time to actually construct it just kinda winged it. . .
Year: Generic 16th Century
Notions: just a little thread to hold everything together :)
How Accurate: I give this a 7 out of 10. Detracting points for the machine sewing, the machine embroidery on the silk and the cotton lawn as the lining (should be linen). Other then that the shape and the size are correct.
Hours to Create: less then one all together. In all honesty the whole thing from cutting to finishing took about 15 mains :)
First Worn: Two weekends ago at the San Luis Obispo Renaissance Fair
Total Cost: nothing really as the fabric was all stash