I first attempted an embroidered pocket way back in May of last year ( remember this post: http://cursewordsandcrinolines.blogspot.com/2012/05/18th-century-embroidered-pockets.html?)
Well after a couple months on the one I had started I decided I hated it and crumpled it into a little ball and threw it away. It was simply awful, but to be fair only my second attempt and embroidery.
So then this last weekend happened and I was sitting around the house enjoying a relaxing weekend and watching Michael pack everything back away from this years Dickens run, and I decided I wanted something to do with my hands. And out came the other half of that embroidered pocket
I will admit that what i started with (flowers at the bottom) I pulled out and did again after finishing everything else because I got much better as I went.
And voila! Two days later and you have an embroidered pocket, finished and ready to go :)