Friday, February 15, 2013

Embracing the challenge

And totally spending the whole weekend sewing like a fiend to try and catch up . . . I was feeling a little under the weather this whole week and lost valuable sewing time!

Here's a look at some of my favorites from HSF challenge #2 which was to finish and an Unfinished Object:

Loren made a Victorian skirt using one I my favorite Truly Victorian patterns. I just love the fabric she used!!! It's such a wide aggressive strip. It's a bold move and I like that :)
http://costumerscloset.blogspot.com/2013/01/historical-sew-fortnightly-2-ufo-x-2.html?m=1

Gemma made a bustle from the laughing Moon pattern I have (and have been avoiding) it was great to see how hers turned out. A real inspiration to just bite the bullet and make mine since I'm going to need it soon!
http://www.faraboverubies.co.uk/1/post/2013/01/historical-sew-fortnightly-the-ufo-challenge.html

Mouse Borg is one of my favorite new Bloggers, she is young and just started up this year but is already making really impressive things (go look at her strawberry pockets!). For this challenge she finished a fichu, simple, lovely and totally a necessity.
http://mouseborgdesigns.blogspot.ca/2013/01/late-18th-century-fichu-very-big.html?m=1
I love her title art! It's hand drawn and it features two of my favorite things old sewing machines and rodents. . . I am a rat lover and have them as pets :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I'm incredibly flattered. Rats are awesome, it would be really cool to have a pet rat.

    ReplyDelete