Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring SDI Victorian Ball

Was this last Saturday out in Pasadena. The event is held at a beautiful historic masonic lodge.
http://victoriandance.org/

Always a fun event, there is a live band and the four dance sets are made up of waltzes, polkas, and quadrilles. This year we were joined by quite a few friends from the Bay Area as well as the usuals from down here :)

I was able to wear my new natural form dress, as I finished all the last minute hand sewing in time. However that being said I wouldn't have called the dress complete as most of the over skirt train and flowers were all set on with either safety pins or stitches! I was very lucky to have my friend Autumn help me with all that!! 


Even being so unfinished the whole dress held together very nicely and I felt really quite secure in it. What I really liked was the narrow skirt, it made it very easy to move through tight figures while dancing and in general move through the ballroom which can be very packed. And with the train all tucked up there was no fear of getting stepped on either. ( my head is cut out of most of these because of bad red eye I couldn't fix ;)


10 comments:

  1. Lovely! I wondered how this dress would look as I watched it take shape on the dress form. It is so nice to see it worn and you wear it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Really beautiful gown! And thank you so, so much for the award. Totally thrilled!

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad to pass on the recognition :)

      Delete
  3. That turned out beautifully, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! I love the colors and how it all works together. It suits you, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was the the color combos in the fashion plate that drew me to the dress in the first place :)

      Delete