I have very recently been awarded the lovely "Very Inspiring Blogger" Award from my friend Lauren over at American Duchess. http://americanduchess.blogspot.com
It was a very kind thing for her to do and I am very thankful for the recognition! This is my first ever blog award!!!
To accept the award, one must:
1. Display the award and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. State 7 facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers for the award.
4. Notify the winners.
Seven facts about myself:
1. I have pet rats, yes they make me feel like Cinderella when I sew :)
2. When I get old I want to be a crazy cat lady
3. I could live on pickles and olives alone
4. I love the outdoors: camping, hiking, etc
5. I have a 6ft long tattoo, no I'm only 5'5"
6. I love to read trashy historical romance novels
7. And I'm not on Facebook, and I can't see that ever changing
And last but not least 15 blogs that I compulsively follow, ahem, I mean I simply love:
1. The Dreamstress: because her Historical Sew Fortnightly challenge keeps me going strong from one project to the next. http://thedreamstress.com
2. Kitty Calash: great perspective on 18th century reenacting. http://kittycalash.com/
3. Mira at Mouse Borg Designs: the most intrepid and extraordinary young seamstress and artist I know.
4. Ginger from Scene in the past: great vintage and more. http://sceneinthepast.blogspot.com
5.Isabella at All the Pretty Dresses: is a great resource for extant gowns. http://extantgowns.blogspot.com/
6. Lauren at Wearing History: always makes the most remarkable things!http://wearinghistoryblog.com/
7. Jen from Festive Attire: creator of the curtain along project, and other great work.
8. Beth at V is for Vintage: this girl has vintage down and her blog is all about the look and the dancing! http://www.visforvintage.com/
9. Two Nerdy History Girls: they cover my guilty pleasure and my costume hobby.check out the sunday breakfast links. http://twonerdyhistorygirls.blogspot.com
10. Solanah at Vixen Vintage: her blog is beautiful and not just for her great look but her photographs are like art. http://www.vixen-vintage.com/
11. Hallie of At the Sign of the Golden Scissors: great tips and tutorials, she even has patterns now. http://thegoldenscissors.blogspot.com
12. Vintage Visions: is a great blog full of reference and historical notes. http://vintagevisions27.blogspot.com
13. Jennifer at Historical Sewing: more then just a blog she is fountain of knowledge and a life raft in a sea of obscure historical sewing. http://historicalsewing.com
14. Caroline at Dressed in Time: always has the neatest projects. http://dressedintime.blogspot.com
15. The Aristocrat: amazing, nuff said.http://the-aristocat.livejournal.com/
And off I go to pass off the nominations and continue the journey of this award :)